A Bear's Life

The Life and Times of Junior Bear

Thursday, November 01, 2007

I'm back!

Greetings & salivations, um salutations! Sorry, I was thinking about the tuna steak daddy shared with me yesterday. TA-sty! Does it seem like forever since I have written? It does to me! Some of you likely added to your family in the time since my last poignant internet missive.

Much of the blame, eh, reason for my long sabbatical has to do with the young munchkin in our family. In the time since I last wrote, she turned one and learned to walk. Ee-gad the mere thought of her walking, well now running inspires terror in my soul! Don’t misunderstand me; she’s really pretty nice and certainly well intentioned. However, as she is now officially a toddler, you don’t know where her sticky paws have been recently or where she’ll deposit you when her short attention span turns from you to something else. The cat and I, we have to watch out! What with all the walking and more talking, mommy & daddy have taken to blogging more, which has left much less time for ME. Shame on them!

I would shower you with pictures of all of my many travels, but there haven’t been nearly enough and I have been conveniently “forgotten” on others. Humph! Well, at least I got to go on vacation with them last week.

We had a good trip. First, it was off to Florence to visit friends and attend a wedding. Florence will always be special to me as it is where I found my voice. I told the baby how much mommy & daddy loved the people here. She grinned and broke wind, so I think she understood.

After several days in Florence, it was off to Grammy & Grumpa’s in the hills of North Carolina. It was very good to be back around my natural habitat and to see my best bud Smokey! We spent many hours catching up. Smokey had been taking care of Grammy for several days. She fell and broke her arm about a week before we arrived, so she wasn’t feeling too good. Like me, Smokey is a licensed cuddleologist, so he was on the case, helping Grammy feel better. Of course, the munchkin helped with that too.

While we were there, we got to see the beautiful fall colors. As you can see, it was beautiful! Mommy & Daddy visited a place called Max Patch where they saw some great color and Daddy & Grumpa hiked up to the top of Lynn Lowery and got a spectacular view. Lynn Lowery is named for a young girl who died of cancer. She loved the mountains so much her parents bought the top of a mountain and put a huge lighted cross on top. At night you can see it for miles. Very cool!

While there, we also visited a cool barbeque place in Asheville called the Fiddling Pig. We had some tasty BBQ and listened to some great bluegrass from Balsam Range . Yeehaw! I wish I could play the banjo! . . . Wait, what am I saying, I don’t have any fingers. Oh, the humanity!

Sigh! Well, anyway, we had a lot of fun and mommy and daddy said it was very relaxing. From North Carolina, we went to see Grandmother & Granddaddy in east Alabama. Daddy and a friend went to the Auburn – Ole Miss game Saturday night and had great fun watching the Tigers tame the Rebels. While in Alabama, we had lots of grandmother’s uber-tasty food. Um-mm! Then, it was home to one peeved cat. I think she’s forgiven us, but she ranted and raved to me for an hour until I told her to speak to the paw.

Well, I’d better go. The humans are coming, the humans are coming! Anyway, hopefully I’ll write again soon and tell you of my adventures at Bellingrath Gardens. Remember what I always say: A salmon a day keeps the brown bear full and happy. (That’s good because a full, happy brown bear doesn’t look at you and think, “dinner!”) Hehehe! So long for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home