A Bear's Life

The Life and Times of Junior Bear

Monday, January 01, 2007

It's Bearly 2007. . .

I wish you a Merry Christmas. I wish you a Merry Christmas! I wish you a Beary Christmas, and a Happy New Year! Glad tidings I bring to you and your cubs, glad tidings for Christmas, and a Happy New Year! Hello, everyone!! Happy 2007 to you! I hope you all had as enjoyable a Christmas as I did. As usual, we did the tour de parents.

What a fun time we had! Things really began on December 23rd. We had our immediate family Christmas celebration with Mommy, Daddy, the munchkin, the wily feline, and me. It was the munchkin’s (i.e. the baby’s) first Christmas, so you can imagine the hype. There was a lot of paper on the floor, which the cat and the baby both enjoyed immensely. I immensely enjoyed the smoked salmon that we had. Now that’s my kind of traditional family dinner! I also got a new Auburn t-shirt. Sporty! On Sunday, we went to church and then it was off to grandmamma & granddaddy’s house in east Alabama. We got there and attended a Christmas Eve service to celebrate Jesus’ birth.

On Monday morning, the “baby’s first Christmas” hype went into overdrive. She and I got a cool Santa hat that we’ve been sharing. As her head will keep growing, I’ll get to keep it and wear it again next year! The little munchkin got lots of cool presents from her grandparents and her great Aunt. Daddy got a REALLY cool t-shirt quilt that mommy made using a bunch of his old college t-shirts. It’s the bomb! The baby also got a cool rocking chair from her North Carolina grandparents. The chair is 95 years old and belonged to her great-grandma. Now that’s old! As usual we had a lot of good food. I love to forage at grandmama’s. TA-ASTY!

A few days later, it was off to North Carolina. We were hoping for snow, but had to settle for cold weather. Again, the munchkin was the star of the show. As usual, Smokey was there and we had a great time catching up. I also made a new friend. Grammy and Grumpa’s Wisconsin grandson sent a raccoon named Rocky to live with them. It turns out that he was the mascot for the Milwaukee School of Engineering. Smokey and I were afraid that he would be too intellectual for us, but it turns out he’s quite a cool guy. In fact, he gave me some great tips for enhancing my blog. He says that the raccoons at MSOE are working on new and better ways to catch salmon. I became an instant fan!

On Friday, the munchkin’s Birmingham cousin and her family came up to North Carolina. We had a house full. Rocky, Smokey, and I were sitting around the Christmas tree talking when they got there. Wouldn’t you know it the little cousin came straight for us? I looked over at mom and dad and said, “Help!” Luckily, she was easily distracted and put me down quickly. Whew!

Saturday, we returned to east Alabama where we got to see our great aunt’s new house! It’s really nice. The munchkin liked it too. Instead of blessing it with special water, she drooled on the floor of the living room. All in all, it was a fun trip. Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year!

Have you made any resolutions for the New Year? I’ve resolved to eat more salmon. I think I can keep this one. He he! Well, I must go prepare for the Auburn game. War Eagle! As I leave, I will share with you a new song I learned over the holiday!

“Six little ducks that I once knew
Stuffed ones, oven-roasted, braised ones too
But the one little duck with the feather on his back
He made a tasty little snack, snack, snack
Snack, snack, snack
Snack, snack, snack
He made a tasty little snack, snack, snack.

Down to the table they could come
Wibble wobble wibble wobble oh yum yum!
But the one little duck with the feather on his back
He made a tasty little snack, snack, snack
Snack, snack, snack
Snack, snack, snack
He made a tasty little snack, snack, snack.

Back from the table Jr comes
Rubbin his belly and smackin’ his gums
He says the one little duck with the feather on his back
He sure made a tasty little snack, snack, snack
Snack, snack, snack
Snack, snack, snack
He sure made a tasty little snack, snack, snack!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home