Vacation

Vacation, all I ever wanted. Vacation. . .
Oh, hello! It’s me, Junior just reminiscing about last week. Mom, Dad, Maggie, and I went on vacation! It was a lot of fun! Oh, by the way, let me wish you all a belated Happy 4th of July! I hope you all celebrated our country’s birthday with your family and friends. Did you sing my song? You know the one, “He’s a grand ‘ol bear. He’s a high flyin’ bear. Forever, in peace, may he wave”. (Picture me waving here). Hehehe!

Anyway, we spent last week enjoying the company of our family. Last Sunday, we drove to Dad’s parents and spent two days with Granddaddy, Grandmamma, and Aunt Peg. I didn’t get to participate much since they don’t speak bear, but that’s ok. I hung out downstairs and caught up on my reading. The relatives were all smitten by Maggie. She’s 5 ½ months old now. As the only grandchild on dad’s side of the family, she is the center of attention. While there, I did eat very well and enjoyed hearing about the fun that was had celebrating Grandmamma’s birthday and the 4th of July. Grandmamma can cook!! TAAAAsty!
After lunch on the 4th, we packed up and headed north to the mountains of North Carolina to visit mom’s folks, Grammy and Grumpa. We arrived to temperatures in the 70s, a wonderful change from the 90s we’d left. This fur coat gets hot in the Alabama summer! Grammy had BBQ ribs waiting for us. They were great! The best part was that my best bear bud, Smokey was waiting for me. He is also a little brown bear, albeit, a bit more famous than I.
It was a great four days. Smokey and I spent a lot of time on the window sill talking and we had some great food (He says he always eats better when we come to visit). He also introduced me to another little brown bear that had come to live with them. He’s a little quiet and kind of has a wooden personality, but even so, I felt that he welcomed me. We also spent some time roaming around in the forest. It was GREAT to be back in the woods! I was also able to spend some more time catching up my reading on the deck and learning about Big Creek and Mouse Creek Falls where mom, dad, and Grumpa went to hike. They said I would have loved it!Well, now we are home again. It was nice to lie on my own bed and be back in my own den. Oh, what’s that? Ah, yes. Duty calls. I must return to my work as counselor and cuddleologist. So long!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home